AMO (American Mathematics Olympiad)
The American Mathematics Olympiad (AMO) is an affiliate of Math Olympiads for Elementary and Middle Schools, USA (MOEMS) and is one of the oldest and most established primary and secondary school math competitions in America that helps to nurture mathematics talent.
In ASEAN and Greater China, the Singapore International Math Contests Centre (SIMCC) is the main organizer of AMO (China, Hong Kong, Thailand, and Taiwan)
The top 40% of the participants will receive an award certificate. All winners are invited to compete at SIMOC online 2022 & 2023 to be held in Singapore in July. Students must register with the ICA country organizer and contest entry is available on a first-come-first-served basis, so register as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
• To develop a passion for mathematics and a desire to learn more about it.
• To introduce important Mathematical concepts
• To teach important problem-solving strategies
• To improve mathematical flexibility in problem-solving
• To provide people with the satisfaction, excitement, and thrill of overcoming obstacles.
• To provide students with access to US university scholarships and educational opportunities
The top 40% of the participants will receive an award certificate and a medal. All winners are invited to compete at SIMOC 2023 to be held in Singapore from July 23 to 26, 2023*. The top 20% of winners are invited to compete in STEAM AHEAD 2023 – IJMO to be held in Singapore from December 2 to 6, 2023*.
*In the event that the COVID-19 situation worsens, SIMOC and STEAM AHEAD 2023 will be held online. Exam dates for SIMOC and STEAM AHEAD 2022 are not finalized yet.